AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skid steer back up camera. Is it worth it and should it be heated?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 2/23/2022 11:30 (#9521269)
Subject: Skid steer back up camera. Is it worth it and should it be heated?

I am considering a backup camera for the skid steer. My son backed over one of his grandma's bushes. Fortunately it is okay and she told him not to worry about it since it barely did any damage. She was thankful for the free help, so she was not upset- I have a great mother in law. I know the rear visibility of the skid steer is not the best and another time things could be worse.

I was wondering if any of you have installed an aftermarket backup camera and how well they worked. I was also wondering if a heated camera for clearing the screen during snow and rain would be worth it and if night vision was a benefit. I would like to have some recommendations of products that you were satisfied with and of ones to stay away from. I would also like advice on screen size. I bought a cheap one on clearance for under $100 at Best Buy for my excavator and I am not happy with it. I do not want to bother with one unless it works well. Thank you for your input. Jerry

BTW I had asked for advice on wheel vs tracked skid steers and on skid steer sizes a while back. We ended up getting a Cat 277C tracked machine. The ground has been froze so we have not used it a lot yet, but so far we are happy. We leveled out some ruts in frozen ground at Grandma and Grandpa's where they are constructing their house. I was amazed how much it could do even in frozen ground. My son loves running it. That is part of the reason he was so willing to help grandma -just so he had an excuse to use it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)