AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skid Steer Review
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Coach
Posted 2/13/2022 13:43 (#9500084)
Subject: Skid Steer Review

SCIL
There has been several post lately about skid steer recommendations. My dad and I purchased a JCB 3TS8T teleskid back in December. We have right at 30 hours on the machine. We are a typical grain and livestock farm in Central Illinois. I am coming from a compact JD tractor with a loader. When we were looking at skid steers, we looked at everything. We tried Bob Cat, JD, Kubota, and a Gehl. They were all great skid steers and every brand had something better or nicer than another. We finally settled on the JCB because it is the easiest one to get in and the cab seemed to be the biggest. I am 6'4" 250lbs and getting older and less flexible. My dad is nearly 75 with two new knees. The JCB is able to accommodate us and make us comfortable. I only have a bucket and a set of forks for the skid steer at this time, but I plan on purchasing a post pounder before spring. I didn't think we needed the telescopic boom, but after having it, I really like it. I believe a telehandler would have worked, but there are some tight areas the skid steer works better.

(20220213_132937 (full).jpg)

(20220213_132832 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20220213_132937 (full).jpg (93KB - 92 downloads)
Attachments 20220213_132832 (full).jpg (106KB - 91 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)