AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

old iron
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 1/15/2022 19:26 (#9442292 - in reply to #9441947)
Subject: RE: old iron

jdironman - 1/15/2022 16:47

Disagree, I think alot of older machinery got used hard. Power was increasing faster than implement size. I don’t think too much was obsolete before it was wore out. Corn picker were obsolete in our area long before they were in other areas. They weren’t scraped but sold and resold to areas where they weren’t.. As far as tillage much of it still being used in one fashion or another. Take for example a small disc that probably ended up on a small acreage somewhere.

I never said that some of then older machinery did not get run hard and or abused, what I meant was that with the smaller older stuff like pickers for instance it probably took all day to harvest what you can harvest in an hour or 2 now. We have a old 600 case combine sith somewhere around 2000 hours on it that in good oats you would combine about an acre an hour with a direct cut head. With capacity like that it took a lot more machines to cover the nation's acres so there is bound to be more nice ones around just because of the sheer numbers of machines in the first place.

Edited by WCWI 1/15/2022 19:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)