AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Midsota F5510 Dump Trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry_minn
Posted 1/14/2022 20:55 (#9440530 - in reply to #9439946)
Subject: RE: Midsota F5510 Dump Trailer

I have one from back when it was SANDS in country North of Albany. It was single hose tractor hydraulic. My brother unloaded full load of sand with one side a foot higher then the other. Not good.
I updated to tractor, or electric/hydraulic. But it did not have the reservoir current ones have. So electric does not lift all they way, if you lower fast fluid gets air, overflows. So you lower half way, pause, slowly lower till @1’ up, drive to fill point, lower rest of way. (Or waste oil, make a mess), or add reservoir.
It takes rocks dumped from skid loader fairly well. If bigger then basketball often. I would suggest a cattle mat, plywood, other protection. But I have dumped heavy ones gently if it’s empty, normal if rock already in trailer.
I admit i am careful to unload level ground, try to load even side to side. Huge gravel loads I spend couple minutes with WPA shovel in front. 200 lbs of front it lifts easy. Otherwise electric motor strains.

Mine is 6x12 with flared fenders, no brakes/or lights. I welded on ramp bracket to haul loader, skid loader..

Edited by Larry_minn 1/14/2022 20:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)