AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2020 and 1200 power for office?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/15/2022 09:12 (#9441120 - in reply to #9440988)
Subject: More...

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the previous post.

You are to be commended for wanting to "play" with your new devices in the comfort of your home or office prior to actually needing them. I do this from time to time to check out some silly idea that I might have.

The thing that confused me when I first worked as a Tech with the Ag Leader CAN displays (Insight at the time) is that the Ag Leader system will allow you to create configurations for your various situations in the office. However when you attempt to "try" them to get more experience, the system will not allow you to proceed unless the modules called for in the configuration are present and connected.

To explain further, It appears you are planning to use your InCommand for variable rate planting with your planter. When you actually do this with the planter, the InCommand will need to be attached to the Ag Leader controller which is usually mounted on the planter. If you get your InCommand powered up in the office, you will be able to create the configurations that you might plan on using. However, if you choose a configuration to try it, the system will "look" for the module or modules that it needs to actually operate. It will complain and refuse to go on if it cannot find the needed modules.

This is not to discourage you from plugging it in and playing around a bit but only to warn you that you may not get into the operation as far as you were planning. If you see a message indicating that a certain module is needed and was not found, this is normal and to be expected. Creating a configuration is still probably worth the effort and may bring up some questions at this point in time that we can help you with.

I plan on connecting one of my InCommand 1200s to a display cable and 12V supply in the house. I have an Application Rate Module that I want to check out. I will be able to do so because I will have the module and connecting cables in the house to lay it out on the floor and temporarily plug it all together. This will allow me to test the flow meter branch for a friend who suspects it has been damaged.

Edited by tedbear 1/15/2022 10:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)