AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Installing new eero unit soon
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/13/2022 09:46 (#9437378 - in reply to #9433326)
Subject: Enough for now

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for all the help and replies. Between the videos, talking to a friend and the help here I feel better about the whole situation. I just never had the need to think through all the possible network and Internet situations.

Later edit: Now that I've used the eero6 system, I'm happy with it. It is a mesh system It consists of three enclosures. These devices are called Points. The base Point is connected to a modem or in my case a modem/router. That means it is physically located in my home office.

The base unit communicates with the other remote Points via its own communication system. I have two remote Points but could purchase more. This means that Internet access is available from any of the Points. They all have the same network name. I have set my iPhone and iPad to this Eero network. That means that the iPhone or iPad will connect with the Point with the best signal strength. If I should walk around the house, my iPhone or iPad might switch to another of the Points without my knowledge or intervention. My basement desktop computer is always in the same place so I assume it always works with the Point in the basement.

Not that I know much now, but I know quite a bit more than a week ago. Feel free to ask questions.

Edited by tedbear 1/16/2022 13:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)