AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House cat and ringworm?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

CND
Posted 1/6/2022 23:28 (#9424272)
Subject: House cat and ringworm?

Anamoose, ND
My wife has a siamese house cat. Mid December it spent a few days at the vet for surgery. A few days after being home she noticed the cats ear had a crusty lesion on the edge of the one ear. Another trip to the vet the next day confirmed that the cat brought ringworm home. This was December 22. My wife quarantined her to a couple of cages in our heated garage and she has been there since. She gets daily cleaning and treatment with a anti-fungal spray. The poor cat has probably had more foot spray applied to it than most football teams. That same day we also started deep cleaning the whole house and we must have done a good job as we have had no ringworm show up. My question is for the cat.....how long or how do we know when she is ready to come back in the house? Like I said she has had so much anti-fungal cream applied to her I don’t see how she could possibly have any ringworm left. Her ears look ok but I think she is constantly cleaning on them which makes the hair look thin. Part of me says she can’t possibly have any ringworm left and it is time to let her back in the house, then she will hopefully start leaving her ears alone and life will go back to normal. I remember when we had cattle I got ringworm once and it was no big deal at, a few days of treating with a anti fungal spray and it was gone. It just seems like the treatment for the cat is becoming overkill and alot of work. I’m not a cat person but I’m just trying to help my wife out with this dilemma. She thanks you for any advice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)