AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3G for RTK corrections
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ChadB
Posted 1/12/2022 16:54 (#9436134 - in reply to #9420628)
Subject: RE: 3G for RTK corrections

Fargo, ND
caseihfarmer - 1/5/2022 14:00

i guess it would depend greatly on what network. if your talking gsm networks (at&t, viero) i see them holding on way longer than the cdma networks (verizon, us cellular). you can blame it on covid or whatever else you want but verizon had a sunset date a long time ago that has went and gone. if i were in your shoes i would worry more about network reliability and get them changed out. the key point here is if they are verizon modems and they are still working you can consider yourself lucky. if there were a network problem at planting time they can tell you we warned you and that would be about all they had to say.

i have a 2g at&t board that i turned on a while back that was still reporting to a cloud service it was connected to, i found that very interesting.

if you cant afford to be scrambling to find modems in the busiest part of the year i think you answered your own question.

^^ This ^^

I'll just add that you cannot even add 3G devices to Verizon plans as of today, and I believe it's been that way for some time now. Existing devices could still be running, but they will eventually lose service, if not already. Our office had a small stock of 3G Verizon modems and we simply scrapped them as they had no practical means of being activated for service (if the service would even work).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)