AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chemical imbalance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Daddypete
Posted 1/8/2022 01:56 (#9426700 - in reply to #9415520)
Subject: RE: Chemical imbalance

Ross County, Ohio
I feel for you buddy. It is highly likely she's going through the change of life as we call it around here. My wife has the triple dose going on. the change, a thyroid issue causing her not to produce testosterone or estrogen and she is an RT. Dealing with covid in the hospital every shift is destroying her. A couple months ago it came to a head. I woke up at 5am needing to use the restroom and she was getting out of the shower. She hut the curtain tells me she doesn't want me seeing her nude and I'm an asshole. I should note that I have an extremely bad temper. My temper has always been my achilles heel. I've never called her a name out of anger, so that cut through me like knife through hot butter. After a year of wondering what the hell was going on and getting the wrong ideas, I lost my mind on her. After the worst five days of our 22 year relationship I calmed down enough to calmly talk to her. I said'" What the hell is going on? I know you're going through the change, but there's more going on here. You need to come clean. I'm tired of wondering what you're doing. Tired of being mad at the only woman I ever loved. Tired of wondering, if the only woman I would die or kill for, if I had to, still loves me." She tells me about the thyroid, produces the test results and medications to boost her hormone levels to prove it. Then in a generalization of the events due to HIPPA laws,she tells me what has happened at the hospital. Man! I gotta tell you being asked something like that by someone, who knew they were dying, would stir anyone's brain.
Now we're getting along better than we have in five years. We both know we got things to work on for ourselves. She is more open now. The being distant was angering me more than anything, but I understand why she was. Trying put the hospital out of her mind. Even embarrassed over her health. which that reaction ties into her hormone issue.
My long winded point is try calmly talking to her. Maybe have another family member there than is privy to the situation. Threats of medications, hospitals and such aren't going to get you anywhere. I wish you the best of luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)