AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (186) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chemical imbalance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format
Posted 1/3/2022 13:58 (#9416266 - in reply to #9416099)
Subject: RE: Chemical imbalance


I am so sorry to hear that.  After a long consultation with a counselor and/or doctor, you may find you have to do things you wouldn’t normally think reasonable, like have her arrested if she assaults you to get some involuntary treatment, which may require a short-term psychiatric hospitalization.  

It’s really delicate to suggest to someone that they start along such a course of action with a loved one, but the mental health professionals (sounds like you believe a psychiatrist may be able to help her quality of life) have A LOT of experience from dealing with these cases daily for years and they have A LOT of tools and techniques to use, as well as medication.

Again, my suggestion is that you talk to a professional yourself.   Document her symptoms as you can.  And do something, because doing nothing is a decision and so far it sounds like it isn’t working out for you or her either. 

If you need help from your family or for a counselor to get a baseline assessment of her condition, maybe you can take some smartphone video of the bad times. 

ETA: I picked up a brochure recently from my chiropractor’s office that had nutritional/diet suggestions to improve mental health.  Getting away from sugar was big, along with ensuring various specific vitamins and minerals are in adequate supply.

Know a guy that needed ECT which is the modern super-computer controlled electroshock therapy to reset your brain chemistry.  


Edited by sand85 1/3/2022 14:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)