AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inexpensive antenna to pair with a Viper 4
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torriem
Posted 12/31/2021 13:22 (#9409759 - in reply to #9409733)
Subject: RE: Inexpensive antenna to pair with a Viper 4

I'd be surprised if a low-cost Beitian powered survey antenna wouldn't work with an internal receiver. I use those on my Trimble EZ-Guides with an internal GPS receiver. They run about $100 USD or less. Have used the BT-300 (found them on e-bay and the usual chinese web sites). I believe it can come with either a standard TNC connector, or a SMA connector. Does not come with a cable. The nice thing about this antenna is that supports all currently-used bands, so as GPS shuts down L1, it still works great with L2 and L5. And of course works with Glonass and Galileo frequencies also if your receiver supported it.

To use most external antennas other than simple patch antennas, the receiver needs to be configured to send power to the antenna. I'm sure any compatible Raven antenna requires power and thus a setting set in the receiver. Any of these cheaper antennas would need the same setting set. On my Trimble EZ-Guides, I have to tell it that I have a AG15 antenna so it will send power. When it's set for the patch antenna, that's entirely passive I believe.

Edited by torriem 12/31/2021 15:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)