AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who has replaced a forklift with a skid steer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sserven
Posted 12/21/2021 10:46 (#9390026)
Subject: Who has replaced a forklift with a skid steer?

WCIL
We have an old John Deere fork lift that only gets used for loading pro boxes. It's old, cumbersome and leaks a lot of fluid. One day it's gonna die and not be worth fixing. We keep our seed in a dirt floor shed and probably only put 20 hours a year on it. I've thought of replacing it with a jcb 280-330 wheeled skid steer with the side entry so everyone on the farm could easily get in and out of it. I know that tracks are better in many ways but i would only consider these wheeled jcbs with the door on the side simply for ease of getting in and out. I would get pallet forks for it that have side shift. Our tenders are low profile so I don't need to lift a box any higher than when stacking one box on top of the other. I think we would use a skid steer more because of its versatility than we would another fork lift. I've read past posts that say you can't replace a forklift with a skid steer.

I'd like to hear from people who use skid steers to handle pro boxes and how you get along with them. With the pro box sitting right Infront of the cab can you even see where you are going without lifting the box up out of the way? How hard is it to get lined up when putting the box on the tender? What advantages/disadvantages am I not thinking of?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)