AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

old pictures on a CD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/7/2021 09:28 (#9363229 - in reply to #9362918)
Subject: RE: old pictures on a CD

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The pictures ae likely in .jpg format. These are just computer files. Each picture is a separate file. There would be several ways to work with your pictures on the CDs.

One method that comes to mind is to find a friend who has a working CD drive. They would be able to view your pictures and work with them. They could copy the pictures to another storage device that your computer can handle such as USB sticks. These USB sticks are cheap enough. Once they are on the USB sticks, you can rearrange them.

The pictures (files) usually have rather generic names given to them by the camera or device that took the pictures. I would suggest renaming them or at least putting them in folders with a descriptive name such as Florida 2020 etc.

By putting the like pictures together in separate folders it will be much easier to find them at a later date. You can also rename each picture if you like. Sometimes that is counterproductive though. The pictures with their original names will show in the order in which they were taken since the camera will assign the names with a number. If you give them new descriptive names, the list of pictures may be alphabetized according to the new names and thus not in the order in which they were taken. There are several ways to work around this.

Several years ago I went on a major trip to Australia and took lots of pictures. When I got home I used some software that allowed me to type in a short description on the picture itself and save that picture which had a slightly modified name. The software allowed me to place these descriptions wherever I wanted on the picture. I would usually put them up in the clouds so as not to block the heart of the pictures. Now some 17 years later, I appreciate my notes.

(DSCN0408 copy (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN0408 copy (full).jpg (93KB - 159 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)