AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Differences in picture handling iPhone 6 versus iPhone 8
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 12/1/2021 09:02 (#9352840)
Subject: Differences in picture handling iPhone 6 versus iPhone 8

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've used an iPhone 6 for many years and have gotten quite proficient in transferring pictures to my computer by using a charging/data cable. I plug the cable in between the phone and the computer. I then go to File Manager and look for the phone which is named Ted iPhone. I look for a folder named DCIM which is apparently the universal folder for storing pictures on a phone. This folder may contain sub folders with desired pictures on them which have been named by the phone in a sequential manner.

The picture is then shown on my Win 10 computer screen. I can save the picture like any other file to a hard drive, USB stick etc. The picture is nice and clear on the computer screen.

When I follow the same steps with the iPhone 8, about the same things happen. However the subfolders contain both a still image and video, even though I have only taken a still picture. If I copy the still IMG file to the computer, the picture on the computer screen is the correct size and shape but is fuzzy. It seems if try to change the size with the + or - magnifying glass, the picture changes size as would be expected and then becomes clear. This morning I repeated this process but didn't do anything and just waited. Seems that the picture becomes clearer after a while. This going from fuzzy to clear never happened with the iPhone 6, the picture is clear at all times.

I guess this isn't really a problem as long as I just wait it out. I often get a message that the device has become disconnected. I must "X out" that warning several times to get it to disappear.

Also on the camera after I take a still picture I get options that I don't understand. It seems to default to LIVE, but can be changed to LOOP, BOUNCE or LONG EXPOSURE. If I choose one of the other choices, the "working on it symbols" appear and the picture is shown again but with no change. What is the purpose of these choices?

Any insights on these differences would be appreciated - Thanks

Edited by tedbear 12/1/2021 09:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)