AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7088 vs 9760-9770?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sparkiefarmer
Posted 11/28/2021 06:47 (#9346329 - in reply to #9344210)
Subject: RE: 7088 vs 9760-9770?

Melancthon, Ontario
I cant remember the exact procedure, but there's a pipe thread 1/4" plug that your supposed to remove, put a grease fitting in, pump a third of a tube in, take the fitting back out, leave the plug out and cycle the drive letting it throw out the grease it doesnt need. Bought a combine from a good home, but with no evidence of a grease mess. I did that grease procedure on it likely for the first time and it pushed out a bunch of nasty looking metallic grease; and once i got to the field the rotor speed would adjust kinda jerky, was not infinite. I learned about this procedure in 2010 from a Premier Equipment combine days event.

That air filter clogging is a faulty flapper valve thing that does the job of a precleaner. When they jam up its not long wrecking an air filter. Can't speak to the capacity of the 7230, our 8230 will take 40' of 60 bushel beans at 5mph if the stalks are dry, or 100 bushel wheat at 3mph.

We stuck with Deere because of parts availability, until we spit the screen deck out the back end and we were 2 weeks waiting on sieve rails at wheat harvest.

I dont mean to argue; after my experience I'm just honestly amazed that anyone could go from red to green and be happy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)