AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7088 vs 9760-9770?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sparkiefarmer
Posted 11/27/2021 05:45 (#9344143 - in reply to #9343598)
Subject: RE: 7088 vs 9760-9770?

Melancthon, Ontario
My red experience is limited to a flagship combine, so I have idea how the legacy machines compare.

Had to have 1 reverser rebuilt to the tune of 5k. rest of our issues was with the top shiv, one failed from not enough grease, it got 1 shot per fitting per day as our tech recommended, next one got 2 shots per fitting per day, failed because of over greasing. Fun fact the book for it didnt even show those fittings in that sweetheart of a spot to find, tech showed us. So over the course of 5 years we spent around 10k keeping the feederhouse drive working. Our red dealer has just rebuilt their first flagship feederhouse drive, and its on a 15 year old 3000+ sep hour machine. Also that separator drive grease procedure where you take the plug out, cycle it and let it throw grease everywhere,,,,, thats fun; but really easy to tell which ones have been greased right. Also had to do some machining on the fan drive, we run it down low for canola and it didnt like that wore out part of the mechanism. This is all on machines with less than 1500 sep hours.

Getting better seed quality out of the Deere baffles me, for us the quality and cleanliness of the seed was hands down better out of the flagship. Just simply more things to adjust to make it do the job you want. We took a load of beans to the elevator when we first got it and they asked it we ran them through a cleaner.

What model of red machine? The more I do with ours the more i like it. LOVE being able to change the vanes in the rotor, love all the concave options, love the shaker pan instead of shoe supply augers. It's not a perfect combine, it has weaknesses like every other machine I happen to think that the red's failings have less of an impact on the job. I try to be colour blind when it comes to iron and my theory is, doesnt matter which brand, everyone in the shop is always busy.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)