AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7088 vs 9760-9770?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD 9400
Posted 11/26/2021 08:38 (#9342417 - in reply to #9342369)
Subject: RE: 7088 vs 9760-9770?

Southern Pa.
ekeller2 - 11/26/2021 09:15

sparkiefarmer - 11/26/2021 05:33

We went from a 70 series green machine to a flagship. Most of the stuff thats too light is stuff the crop moves over (fairly easy to predict when its shot), where as our 70 series machines both developed cracks in structural components, both at less than 1500 separator hours. The variable speed drives on the deere also have a special grease procedure, if its not followed you'll be spending thousands rebuilding shivs. Flagships do have a maze of hydraulics, but I'm qualified to replace a leaky line; I'm not qualified to rebuild Deere's problematic feederhouse drive. I'm only a year and a half into being a flagship owner, but right now I wouldnt go back to a 70's or S series Deere if you gave it to me for free. At the end of say 1000 hours of running i doubt the maintenance costs are much different, but i'm pretty sure its going to get there without the "major" work our deere's seemed to require. Also, there have been a few folks around with the Deere 9 liter have an engine failures. Time will tell, but I'll be amazed if any rotary deere can be held together for the kind of hours the old maximizers have gotten up to.

Give me all your free 70 series, they will walk around any 88 series all day long.

+1.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)