AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inter 986 fuel line bleed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 11/25/2021 18:56 (#9341591)
Subject: Inter 986 fuel line bleed.

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

G'day from Aus.!

I have a forty yr old Inter 986, even though I've quit active grain growing, the ol girl gets used for jobs like mowing grass amongst some trees, sheds and open area, to keep it from being so much of a fire hazard.

Finished a mowing job the other day, and as i walked away from the tractor in the shed, I noticed a trail of drips - of what i first thought was transmission oil.

Investigation proved it to be from the fuel return line, from the injectors back to the fuel tank[s].  A flexible hose has come adrift from a short length of straight metal tube, at a "T" piece between the engine block and the fire wall of the cab.  In short - a very awkward place to get at!.

Complicating access is a Front end Loader frame. But my hope is that I can get the flexible hose back where it belongs, and tighten the screw clamp that holds it in place.

Here's my question!

If I can't get it back on - - need a well trained left handed monkey! -- what would be the repercussions of blocking off that fuel return line at the "T" piece. The other line from the "T" must go to the fuel filter[s] as far as I know.  It's source is the bleed from the six injectors.

Thanks in advance for NAT help!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)