AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Incommand in Miller Nitro 7XXX via ISOBUS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/25/2021 16:43 (#9341261 - in reply to #9341208)
Subject: RE: Incommand in Miller Nitro 7XXX via ISOBUS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
"Where does the display cable isobus connection to the sprayer plug in at?"

My reply: This may not be your actual question but -----

This may only confuse the issue but I'm considering going from an original SteerCommand to the current Steer Command Z2. Just Wednesday I was at my Ag Leader dealer. The salesman dug out a new SteerCommand Z2 kit that they are holding for another customer so I could see what it looked like.

The box included the ECU and a wiring harness. One branch of the wiring harness has the small round plug that mates with the plug on the rear of the InCommand (Ethernet). My current display cable has that type of connector on it now which I am using. I was told that I can still use that display cable but the small round connector from it will not be attached to anything since the small round connector from the SteerCommand Z2 harness will be used instead. If I was doing an install from scratch I would use a slightly different display cable without that branch on it since it is not necessary.

I also understand that a chip shortage is affecting the production of the SteerCommand Z2 ECU. The chip that is in short supply is one that is used with external steering valves. As I understand this, Ag Leader decided to produce some SteerCommand Z2 units without this chip. This means those units would only work with CAN systems in vehicles where the steering is being done via the vehicles CAN system and steering valves.

My Deere 8310R is one of those vehicles. This means that I will need to get the SteerCommand Z2 steering unlock installed in the tractor. I already have the unlock that worked with GeoSteer and the original SteerCommand units. Apparently the SteerCommand Z2 needs a different one. Not all CAN steered vehicles require an unlock in the vehicle but this seems to be the situation with a Deere tractor. I believe the SteerCommand Z2 ECU requires an unlock of its own to make the whole package work.

I'm not certain as to the situation with your Miller but it would be something to check out. Your question may refer to how the InCommand connects to the spray modules, my reply deals with the steering aspect.

Edited by tedbear 11/25/2021 16:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)