AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Partnership Harvest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 11/26/2021 10:29 (#9342659 - in reply to #9340988)
Subject: RE: Partnership Harvest

Windom, MN
I guess you could call what we do a partnership. We are on our own in beans, but about 10 years ago we started working with some neighbors in corn. They plant corn for me and then during harvest they have a combine and a truck. We have a grain cart and a truck.

Their land borders ours in almost all cases. I pay them custom rate for the planting and combining. We call the trucking a wash, and I take off my bill a custom rate for the grain cart on their fields where we do use the cart. Sometimes they don’t want the cart, and only want the extra truck.

It takes some planning and patience. But honestly it works pretty well, combine ours until my wet bin is full, let the dryer work and combine theirs till their wet bin is full. Then I am ready for more corn and just keep working back and forth like that. Rarely am I waiting for more corn to keep the dryer running, and if I am there are other things I can be doing if they are combining and don’t need me.

I don’t need to hire or train anyone, everyone runs their own equipment. I also work off-farm full time so I can still get my work done on days where they don’t need me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)