AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey Ferguson 8730 Looking for comments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

charlie_farquarson
Posted 11/25/2021 17:38 (#9341361 - in reply to #9341144)
Subject: RE: Massey Ferguson 8730 Looking for comments

The Pretender - 11/25/2021 15:27

We had a new 8737 in January 2015. It now has 4500 hours on it. There was an oil consumption issue with those engines early on, the operator was asked to monitor it, he did, he said it was using oil but nothing excessive. Next thing we knew was a request to bring it in for a new engine. Other than that, it seems to go out in the morning and come home again at night.

We had a new 8740S on demo a couple of weeks ago, and were hoping to see some new paint, but it looks like HQ are having a new Deere instead. The 7310R they are replacing is younger, with fewer hours on it and does fewer annual hours, so read in to that what you will.

Compared to newer models, you might find the cab is showing its age, but in 2021, most cabs are very nice places to sit. You won't be disappointed with either the engine or transmission. I've been using DynaVT for 13 years and it still makes me smile. 

man how bad would that suck going from a Sisu to deere power and the difference in transmissions. yuck i would threaten to quit. lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)