AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any bridge builders out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry_minn
Posted 11/25/2021 12:34 (#9340845 - in reply to #9340610)
Subject: RE: Any bridge builders out there?

You know your area. What are the laws?
Let’s start with. “Can you drive around with larger stuff?” If not you need to plan. For heavier then you can conceive of now. IF you get a permit (if needed) is it for atv, dude by side? 80 hp tractor brush hog, your pickup?
Without knowing use, width, flow/ max 50/10p year flood height, height above water….

A “Creek”. I am thinking a 14’ wide opening @5’ deep, water runs @12” except spring where it runs @4’ for a few weeks. That’s my large mental vision of a creek.
I like culverts as they can support even a dozer if enough dirt packed around them. Extra width (of road over them) is fairly cheap at start. (And possible to add later)
It all depends on many factors we don’t know. I can’t design a bridge built to handle more then pickups without overbuilding. I would hire a expert to build a actual bridge. (If more then 8’ long span, personal use…)
As far as premise bridge. A guy I know hauls car bridges from South of Alexandria MN. But they are metal side, top. Not just for strength. But so no large, heavy item can be taken on them.
I saw one (maybe they have taller)? Maybe 9’ high inside clearance? Arched. Imo meant for walking, golf carts, side by sides, car, maybe pickups? (Plenty room, but no idea actual weight rating.

Edited by Larry_minn 11/25/2021 12:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)