AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble TruGuide issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

starbuck
Posted 11/25/2021 19:41 (#9341692 - in reply to #9341424)
Subject: RE: Trimble TruGuide issues

Idaho
TruGuide is passive as in the tractor must oversteer to keep implement online , basically a second dome and cable mounted back on the implement so the system know where it’s at and steers accordingly

Trutracker is active as in tractor has its dome and steers to its line accordingly and the implement has its own dome and means to steer implement to its line basically a second steering system with its own valve nav 2 and either wheels that steer , a swinging hitch, a sliding hitch, or something that can be activated to physically move implement . Both nav s feed into the same monitor iE fmx fm 1000 or the newer 2050 .. so to recap one monitor two nav s , tractor valve implement valve two domes and cabling .

It seems on the settings truguide to aggressively it over steers under aggressive it drifts off line, I was trying to guide a planter sub inch rtk worked ok on gentle transition, but not really much better than running without. I think it would be Ok on something like a wide air drill where a foot or two is close enough. I think for row crop trutracker is superior.

I’m not sure as it’s been a while but i. Think 40 to 50 percent of the cost of tru tracker is in the software unlocks that are also shared with truguide. That you already own .

You have a pic of the dmi bar?

Below is a good link to use to get more in depth info on your Trimble products just scroll down the list
https://www.trimble.com/Support/Support_AZ.aspx

Edited by starbuck 11/25/2021 19:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)