AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will Enlist get waterhemp by itself ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

deeretech14
Posted 11/26/2021 07:10 (#9342230 - in reply to #9340213)
Subject: RE: Will Enlist get waterhemp by itself ?

SW Ohio
DBindiana - 11/25/2021 09:55

scottyb69 - 11/25/2021 09:38

It wont get them here anyways. Not to start a war on here, but across multiple farms there was a 5 bushel yield drag side by side on Enlist soybeans also. That's why I'm going away from it this year.
Every area is different around me Enlist beans was better than the xtends. I don't understand why guys ( not meaning you ) are so blind and one sided sometimes on bean genetics. Some areas the Enlist kicked butt & some areas the Xtend kicked butt. They are both great beans as far as yield. I don't use Xtend because of the damage from the drift and volatilization but if your looking at just yield your kidding yourself if you think that one is better than the other.

Full disclosure, I have planted 100% E3 for the last two years.

I've also planted extend before that, treated them as RR2 beans

Neither platform is any better than RR2 beans yielded "Here"

Best all around bean we ever raised was Mycogen 5N393R2. If I could still get them I'd probably still plant them, though I do like the option of liberty post, Rup was losing effectiveness. I think a guy could plant E3 or Extend for 5-7 yrs then go back to RR2 beans and be fine "Here" in certain fields. We are not overrun with waterhemp...yet
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)