AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dryer site from scratch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 11/24/2021 22:58 (#9339767 - in reply to #9339375)
Subject: RE: Dryer site from scratch

Windom, MN
I do a similar amount of corn and jump around too for partnership harvest.

My family has been adding on to and updating a grain setup for 50 years. Get a continuous flow dryer with at least 15,000 in wet holding capacity. I have a pretty small dryer and dump hot in a 36’ bin. All auger setup keeping electric motors as close to the ground as possible. If starting from scratch, you could probably start with augers, but plan your site so a leg setup could be built later. Neighbor we work with has a nice system of dumping in a pit to a leg that feeds the dryer and wet bin, then has another leg that takes dry corn to their bins. The wet leg is sized larger than the dry leg, but I don’t remember the bushels per hour they run. Their setup is a lot more money than mine, which is why I feel the legs could come later.

Talked to my banker the other day about putting up a new bin and he said go through FSA, is worth the paperwork.

I guess you could price a whole leg setup that will store your 100,000 with a dryer, then see if you get sticker shock or not. Maybe it wouldn’t be as bad as you think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)