AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have you ever thanked public employees whom other people might disregard?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OneEyedCat
Posted 11/24/2021 19:01 (#9339307)
Subject: Have you ever thanked public employees whom other people might disregard?

I can’t remember who it was that would publicly thank the janitors and others after his shows. He would go around and thank them individually and do extra things to let them know they mattered. Might’ve been a comedian that did this. It’s easy to be consumed with self and your own wants and needs and in the process forget that there are multiple links in a chain instead of just one.

My reason for mentioning this is because, one early morning a good while back, I was in a town early to grab a few groceries and then get a quick breakfast biscuit & orange juice to go. Energy reserves were low from long hours doing ranch work and dealing with the loss of family. To tell the truth, I couldn’t break a smile in the mornings. Pulled into the grocery store parking lot right at when they opened. Had my shopping list ready to go and made it back out pretty quick around sunrise.

Proceeded to a restaurant drive thru, placed my breakfast order and then waited in line. After making it to the front of the line and waiting for my food, a smiling man in his restaurant uniform walked up and then stopped in front of my pickup. He again smiled brightly and wished me a great day and to not work too hard. Think he made some kind of humorous gesture with his hands, arms, and feet. I waved and said thanks. Found out later he was the well liked manager. I felt bad that I didn’t have the ability to even smile back. His cheerful demeanor was a bright spot during a dark time in my life.

Customers say that the place went downhill after he left for good. I can see why. Not too many folks at restaurants seem to have the enthusiasm and care that man did. If I ever see him around the town again, I’m going to thank him for his simple act of kindness that morning and mention that he hasn’t been forgotten. Maybe hand him a gift card or something. He probably saw me before in town picking up supplies from the CO-OP or vet.

Edited by OneEyedCat 11/24/2021 19:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)