AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP PLEASE!! Trying to decide best way to go forward....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

40912Farms
Posted 11/26/2021 23:29 (#9344008 - in reply to #9343082)
Subject: RE: HELP PLEASE!! Trying to decide best way to go forward....

Bama_Farmboy - 11/26/2021 14:48
1) How does the ATU 300 perform? Will it work in reverse? How aggressive is it when you are turning and locking onto a new line? Does it grab the line and steer itself onto it pretty good or do you have to nearly be on top of the line when you engage it?
- Performance is quite impressive really, almost but not quite as good as an integrated system. When you turn around, you can hit Engage when you're about half turned, and it will lock on and pull itself into the line pretty fast. Just be careful if you hit the button on the ATU itself, the wheel could chop your hand off because it's so fast! Reverse...I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

2) What are you calling the controllers when you are talking about AgLeader? Is that the SteerCommand? Is that what I would need in the 4730 and 8100 to be able to steer with hydraulic components already on that equipment? And why don’t they work well with Deere tractors? All I want is steering in the sprayer. I will continue to use the 2630 for section control.
- The SteerCommand Z2 is the controller that will interface AgLeader with your Deere or any other brand equipment. You might need an unlock from Deere to enable CAN steering, but that's dependent on your machine. It works fine with tractors, I may have been unclear when saying it doesn't work right with your sprayer. Your sprayer can be steered with AgLeader just fine same as a tractor or combine, but getting your row control or Swath to work on AgLeader could be cumbersome, but not impossible. Just cost $$$. Looks like that's not your intention though so you should be fine.

Yes, the ATU300 wheel is bulky, but it's very good and worth the mild discomfort my view. The required updates come with any equipment, it just part of the way things are now days. Now, that being said, I do tend to favor Deere over AgLeader for a couple reasons, but AgLeader is also quite good and has a solid place. I hate to hate on Trimble, but once again, that's my opinion guided by experience.

Edited by 40912Farms 11/26/2021 23:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)