AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP PLEASE!! Trying to decide best way to go forward....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bama_Farmboy
Posted 11/26/2021 14:48 (#9343082 - in reply to #9340956)
Subject: RE: HELP PLEASE!! Trying to decide best way to go forward....

West Alabama
Got a few questions….

1) How does the ATU 300 perform? Will it work in reverse? How aggressive is it when you are turning and locking onto a new line? Does it grab the line and steer itself onto it pretty good or do you have to nearly be on top of the line when you engage it?

2) What are you calling the controllers when you are talking about AgLeader? Is that the SteerCommand? Is that what I would need in the 4730 and 8100 to be able to steer with hydraulic components already on that equipment? And why don’t they work well with Deere tractors? All I want is steering in the sprayer. I will continue to use the 2630 for section control.

Sorry for so many questions!! As a side note, I’m not totally against going the Deere route, but there are several things I don’t like about Deere, such as the mandatory updates and more expensive precision equipment. As far as the ATU goes, I don’t particularly like how it hangs down between your knees or how it mounts to the steering column. The mount just doesn’t look too stout compared to the way Trimble’s EZ Pilot mounts. And I guess I’m just more of a “pull for the underdog “ kinda person. Not saying that AgLeader (or Trimble or any other company) is an underdog or not as good as Deere, just that Deere is kinda like that person that thinks they are better than everybody else, and I don’t like that about them. I just feel that there are other companies out there that are just as good as Deere as far as precision equipment is concerned. Once again, I’m not against going with Deere if I think that is what’s best for me. I just want all the information so I can determine if they are, in fact, the best way to go forward. Lots of PROS and CONS to consider no matter which way I go.

Thank you guys again!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)