AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP PLEASE!! Trying to decide best way to go forward....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

40912Farms
Posted 11/25/2021 13:47 (#9340956 - in reply to #9338991)
Subject: RE: HELP PLEASE!! Trying to decide best way to go forward....

I had a similar situation last year. Trimble, Raven, JD, Precision Planting, AgLeader... oh my! Now, I'm working towards selling all other tech and going John Deere on planter, sprayer, combines and any future equipment where any level of precision better than WAAS is necessary. All others such as tillage can be AgLeader or JD, whatever makes more sense.

For you, I would suggest John Deere 2630s with ATU300s all around. Yes, it's expensive and you can't use your existing DigiFarm as easily, but in the long run, you will be much happier. The ATU300 is easily moved with the monitor and receiver between machines. I move mine about 3x a year. But as you said, nothing is easily bought at this time. eBay always has some available at a premium if you're in a hurry.

Your next best option, in my view, is to get AgLeader for everything except the sprayer. The controllers aren't pocket change, but I recently looked into it and was surprised to see they didn't cost more than $3000 per tractor. Catch is, they don't work well with Deere sprayers. So if you ever wanted to move A-B lines around between machines, performance would be less than ideal.

Anyway, my opinion guided by experience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)