Posted 11/24/2021 16:16 (#9338991) Subject: HELP PLEASE!! Trying to decide best way to go forward....
Let me tell y’all my equipment situation and maybe y’all can give me some advice. I have the following.....
1) JD 4555 planter tractor with a Trimble CFX 750 RTK & EZ Pilot. RTK is through DigiFarm beacon and iPad app
2) JD 4730 sprayer that has 2630 monitor with autotrac and section control activations but NO RECEIVER. I have been borrowing a 3000 SF1 receiver from dealer
3) JD 8100 tractor that has integrated autotrac system added to it but has no display or receiver
4) JD 8420 tractor that is NOT Autotrac Ready (may be GreenStar ready not sure) that I want to add steering to.
I’m thinking of doing the following......
1) buying RTK Deere globe to use with 4730 and 8100 & buy an ATU 300 for 8420. PROBLEMS...A) EXPENSIVE!! B) can’t use DigiFarm Beacon with Deere anymore. I’d have to purchase the Elevate modem (more $$)
2) buying Trimble system for 8420. Already have Trimble in one tractor. I could take the Beacon out of CFX 750 and continue to use my DigiFarm subscription. I like the Trimble system in planter tractor. PROBLEMS...A) Would still need a receiver for my sprayer and 8100. I’m sure dealer would let me keep borrowing until things get back to normal with supply, although I hate to have to rely on someone else. B) what would it take for say the new GFX 750 to do the steering in the 4730 sprayer? And I guess the 8100 also?
3) buy AgLeader SteadySteer, Incommand 1200, GPS 7500 for 8420. I know I could use the Incommand and GPS 7500 in both 8100 and 4730, although I may need something else to be able to utilize the steering valves already on those pieces of equipment. I know nothing of AgLeader stuff but it looks nice! I’m sure this would be expensive also.
I hope I have included enough info for some advice from y’all. Main thing is I want auto steer in the 8420 and I want to be able to use the beacon for DigiFarm RTK. But here’s,s another question.....say in put Trimble or AgLeader in the 4730 sprayer, will I still be able to engage the auto steer by pressing the button that’s on the hydro handle that is used to engage steering currently? That sure would be nice!