AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No-till beans behinds yetter devastators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 11/27/2021 07:56 (#9344386 - in reply to #9344070)
Subject: RE: No-till beans behinds yetter devastators

Have a 6 row 30" corn head, and an old project type GP 24' folding no-till drill. The lean of the stalk didn't make any significant difference. Didn't have any drive chains knocked off a time or two with cornstalks like normal, lol, as the stalks weren't tall enough to do that. In stalks, I almost always take an angle just out of habit, although think I could get away going with the old corn row now if I wanted to in a square/rectangular field, which I don't have much of. Before the devastators, no way I'd do that for very long w/o anticipating multiple problems, including plugging.
I will try and remember to update next spring, but from already having the experience of doing cover crops into the stalks this fall, I already kinda know the drill will perform much better than before given decent ground conditions ................. well, if it holds together for another year, which is not a sure thing with my sketchy maintenance.
It's quite a contrast, as driving over the stalks before with an UV or ATV over the winter before wasn't much fun or very smart. Now, let er fly. Should be able to find deer sheds of any size next spring a little easier ........................ with some of my neighbors already thinking the same thing no doubt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)