AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So much for vaccinations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 11/24/2021 09:20 (#9338401 - in reply to #9338315)
Subject: RE: So much for vaccinations

Southeast Washington
Just a question as I'm not here to argue but the flu vaccine is changed some to address different strains of the flu experienced the year before due to mutations.

Has the covid vaccine chemistry been changed at all for the booster shot or covid shot in general to address the delta variant or the other newer variants? Or is it still the original formula that worked good in the initial stages and starting to get off target as we are seeing more breakthrough cases? It seems like the original vaccines were developed rather quickly but I have never heard of a change in formula to address the newer variants.

As you say the virus is always mutating but the limited news I follow and I don't really follow all these covid discussions I have never seen any change in the vaccine being promoted to address the new variants. Wouldn't they be working hard to continuously update the vaccine since they know it has mutated over time and the original vaccine helped eliminate the original strain? Did I miss that somewhere? Just wanting some way to clear it up if I'm working with wrong information. I'll admit I'm wrong sometimes.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)