AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taking Illinois Private Pesticide test online?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 11/25/2021 06:58 (#9339961 - in reply to #9339956)
Subject: RE: Taking Illinois Private Pesticide test online?

Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 11/25/2021 07:53

winkill,

I agree with that statement totally. I have been taking the IL Commercial Applicator test since 1973. You would think if they really wanted you to be serious about knowing everything you can & should know about pesticides and application, they would tell you what questions you missed. They would also furnish you with the answer you gave and the correct answer. Then a serious person would look into where they went wrong. Maybe they misunderstood the question, maybe they did not know the correct answer. But either way, the applicant should be able to do something about it to improve. 

As it now stands, if you get 71% you have to assume you know enough & are good to go. But, if you get a 69% then you have to re-study EVERYTHING and take the test again, which is the recommended method. You don't really know what you missed. 

Again, this is nothing new. Been this way for almost 50 yrs now apparently. Illlinois has been through about 20 ag directors in that time & had oppurtunity to change the test method, but apparently the IL Dept of Ag is happy with us not knowing as much as we potentially should.

Can someone convince me that NOT knowing your questions missed makes a better pesticide applicator, either private or commercial, out of anyone?

Thanks

Since 1978 we should get a "pass " easy button
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)