AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best way to maps tile lines in Ag Leader moniter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/21/2021 11:04 (#9332588 - in reply to #9332494)
Subject: RE: Best way to maps tile lines in Ag Leader moniter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It sounds as if you are using the Ag Leader to help plow in the new lines. I've never done that but I assume you then would have automatic maps of the new lines but not the old.

If you just want to use the Ag Leader to make maps "after the fact" and also map existing old lines then my method could be used.

I have used this process to make tile maps where I temporarily installed an Ag Leader display and GPS in my Polaris Ranger. Another vehicle would work and way back when I even used a combine since the display was already mounted in it. Looked a bit strange to the neighbors seeing a combine without a head driving around a recently tiled field.

Anyway, the procedure I used was to create a new "planting" configuration rather than a "tillage" configuration. The main reason is that a planting configuration allows one to name the different varieties that are being planting. within the same map. My variety names were items such as Old Main, New Main, New 4", New 6" etc. I setup the configuration as a 4 row 30" planter which makes the path 120" or 10' wide. Other widths would likely work. If the width is too narrow, the line may be hard to see.

I would then drive the tile lines, both old and new and choose the appropriate "variety" for the situation. The coverage map start/stop is controlled by the onscreen icon on the display. Each "variety" (tile type) is a color making it easy to see where the line is and what situation it represents. Sometimes I have a variety named "Outside Edge" and drive around the outside of the field with it On. This picture frames the field and gives one a sense of the relative distances the lines are within the field.

This map can be printed out on paper like any actual planting or yield map. I add some handwritten notes to the printed map while any details are still fresh in my mind.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)