AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Someone who’s run SteadySteer….and EZ Pilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Bama_Farmboy
Posted 11/20/2021 09:47 (#9330844 - in reply to #9329863)
Subject: RE: Someone who’s run SteadySteer….and EZ Pilot

West Alabama
No issues with the CFX 750. I'm wanting to add auto steer to an 8420 that isn't steer ready. Plan on leaving the 750 in the tractor its in and having a 2nd system in the 8420. Not running any Field IQ either, strictly steering. That's one reason I was thinking of maybe going the Ag Leader route, because you can do SO MUCH with the InCommand 1200 display. Later on I might want to add electric meters or hydraulic downforce to planter and could keep it all on one display.

On the flip side, I feel like Trimble probably has the best steering systems available. I like the AutoPilot Motor Drive because its just as good as hydraulic steering but a lot easier to install. It can do NextSwath end-of-row turns and works in reverse (that would be super nice). Was thinking of maybe going with EZ Pilot Pro at first and maybe upgrading to APMD later. If I want the planter upgrades from above I could still go Ag Leader or Precision Planting. Id have 2 displays in cab but so what?

I really think I'm going to do another post and tell some more about my equipment situation as far as guidance technology applies to it. That may help everyone get a better idea of where I'm coming from.

Thanks for advice!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)