AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Covid update from 5 days ago
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

happycatcher
Posted 11/17/2021 15:48 (#9325956 - in reply to #9325739)
Subject: RE: Covid update from 5 days ago

It's just so difficult because the shot is brand new and we DON'T know the long term effects of it. We don't know if 10 years from now those who got vaccinated will have health issues or cancer or other things. I had those fears before getting the shot but I'm around my grandparents all the time (this was before Grandpa died) and we had a new baby on the way. Plus we come into contact with the elderly and people with immune disorders every time we go into town. I kind of felt like it was our job to get the vaccine, for the whole herd immunity thing. Thinking if we got the vaccine we wouldn't get covid to spread around. And then Makayla got covid anyway. I've never had it, Justin's never had it. Grandpa swears he had it before it was on the news. Said he was coughing so badly his ribs hurt and that one night he nearly bit the bullet and took a pain pill. I kept telling him to get the antibodies test done to see if that's what it was. I don't believe he did but him and grandma did get vaccinated. Grandma is 85 and has diabetes and a low immune system, has to take pills for her heart, and is starting to lose a lot of mobility. The thought of accidentally giving her covid scared me to death. Before Grandpa died, I was out at the farm at least once a week to clean. My fear was that I'd have it and not have symptoms yet and give it to her or Grandpa. And Grandpa had that larengectomy, so he breathed through his neck. I was so afraid if he got it he'd die. So we all did get the shots, my grandparents got the shots. I believe my aunt and her husband (who Grandma now lives with) did not get it, saying they want to wait for more information on it to come out. My 6 month old and I got very sick this month. He had a double ear infection and bronchitis, I have what they called "walking pneumonia." But I remember being so afraid the baby had it because he was coughing and so congested. I ended up in the hospital for 3 days because my oxygen was 80-83. But neither of us had covid thank God. I'm hoping the vaccine works for us and that if we are exposed to it we won't get it. I've heard of healthy young people like Justin and me getting it and dying. I couldn't imagine leaving my poor children motherless. But it does feel like we took a gamble and don't know the outcome of it yet.

Edited by happycatcher 11/17/2021 15:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)