AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dang coyotes!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Texaswheat
Posted 11/13/2021 11:42 (#9318618 - in reply to #9318039)
Subject: RE: Dang coyotes!

Yeah man I too am sorry to learn about your lil dog being taken like that. Lost a pet cat that we let stay outside because the two toms (neutered) still liked to roam a short distance. They both were nineteen years old. Hindsight being what it is we were busy but should’ve put both cats up at night. Coyote must’ve snatched the one cat when he was asleep. Had a small shed where we kept fresh hay and blankets for them in cooler weather. The night the cat disappeared, the weather had turned chilly and he was inside the shed asleep.

I’ve dealt with coyotes quite a bit and would suggest using a good thermal scope and anything else to maximize reaching them across open areas. Electronic game calls are especially beneficial. The only times during the daytime I could get close to them was early mornings. This is in wide open spaces. Any other time of day they’d stay close to groups of trees and creek beds with cover. I agree they seem to sense well when a human is watching them in the daytime. The pups not so much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)