AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about going from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 11/11/2021 14:43 (#9315266 - in reply to #9312926)
Subject: RE: Thinking about going from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8

Texas
There is more to the newer phones than just the camera options. The operating system, apps, etc all get more and more feature rich with time and require more memory and processing power to run efficiently. I certainly wouldn't say someone needs to upgrade every year but I wouldn't buy a phone that is already five generations old. You are asking for it to be obsolete soon.

The phones will run whatever software that existed when they came out just fine but the problem is the software gets more and more bloated with time and requires more "horsepower" from the phone.

Your 8 will certainly be an upgrade from your 6 but I bet you will be replacing it in a couple years where spending a little extra would have got you an X or 11 which would work longer for you.

Personally I try to get new phones every 3-4 years and I but the latest and greatest. $1000 for a phone seems crazy but if I buy one every four years that is only $250 a year. I can't think of anything else I use so much and does so much for me that costs so little.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)