AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 11?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

raider2b
Posted 10/24/2021 19:05 (#9285058 - in reply to #9281040)
Subject: RE: Windows 11?

North Dakota
Well, I went ahead and let it update. I figured I can always go back with a fresh install if I need to.

It appears that most of what I see is cosmetic anyway. I don't like that you can't right click on the taskbar and open task manager but you can from the windows start button, no biggie. It doesn't seem to have any memory leaks that I can see, yet anyhow. With Gimp, Darktable and various internet apps on, it is using about 7 gig of RAM and they have been running most of the day. I have loaded, edited and closed maybe 50-60 photos. All the apps that we normally use function as they should. Internet speed is limited by my connection to the router at about 10 meg a second but should be 60 if I had a good connection, computer too far away from the router.

One thing I do like is you can have multiple desktops similar to Linux. I know it was available on W10 but not as easy to get to as it is with W11.

So for now I will stick with it, at least until it p's me off.

P.S. My work computer (CNH EST) will have to remain on W10 until CNH approves W11. My primary home computer runs Linux Mint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)