AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 11?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 10/22/2021 08:26 (#9281196 - in reply to #9281153)
Subject: RE: Windows 11? So far YEs

I updated my laptop from W10 to W11. So far everything works just like it is supposed to do except for a few windows things that I will explain later. ND means no difference.

Libreoffice works - ND
FFox - ND
Brave, Pale Moon, Google Earth, other browsers - ND

There are other printer program additions like scanning, printing that work just fine.

Downsides:
MS moved around some of the things like task manager and display information. In defense of MS, they moved all those commands to a right click of the start button. Is this better yes. Will I have to get used to you, yes. I am 80% of the way there. The nice thing is that all the commands like task manager, settings are in one spot.

There is one thing that bothers the crap out of me. I like my task bar on the side of the screen. That is not possible right now. Yes I moved the task bar to the left side from the apple bar type. I decided to try the apple bar again and that is not working. So if you like the apple bar do not move it because it will not come back by unchecking the box to move to the left side. Is this a deal breaker, no. It does seam that W11 seams to make programs stay out of the task bar area better.

It does seam to take more ram. It is using 12 GB whereas W10 used 5-7 GB of memory. Everything seems to run along just as fast or faster as W10. I may have to load Gimp onto this computer to see what happens. Gimp seams to take a lot of resources.

The reason I moved is to get to the Linux windows subsystem. I never could get it to work on W10. W11 is supposed to be easier to put Linux on the computer. We will see.

So far now, I will stay with W11. Now I have to move my wife's computer to W11. I will see this weekend.

Edited by md.mcwill 10/22/2021 08:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)