AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Went to my first tractor pull, lots of questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jd43
Posted 10/18/2021 07:30 (#9274979 - in reply to #9274789)
Subject: RE: Went to my first tractor pull, lots of questions.

Northeastern Pa.
Well you're in real trouble because you're already "hooked" ! He Ha. There are more classes than you can count of both hands. I started pure stock in the 70's then enhanced stock which was with a JD 4320 which just had pump upgrades, injector work, heavier duty clutch and other trial and error things. My toughest opponents where 1066's and some dealer built Fords.
My grandson and I found a Hot Farm tractor a few years ago and run it locally. This would be a starter class into organized pulling. Water injected with an ice box cooler, motor work, pulling turbo and pump. Add safety equipment like roll over protection and a certified clutch etc..It's cheaper to find one for sale than to build in most cases. We are slowly upgrading this one and I figure I need to put $20,000 in it if we were to pull on the East Coast series where it used to pull to be competitive again. In short a tractor capable of being a top 5 in this "starter class" would cost in the $100,000 +-range. We will have 1/2 that in ours if we do the upgrades. Cost of the upper classes like Pro or Super Stock is north of $300,000 but you can spend less or more.
It's super expensive with "0" return. The most we won this year fair pulling/brush pulling was $300 for a 2nd and then a 100 for a 1st etc. but with entry fee and some food it was gone. Most only pay the first 3-5 positions.
When you have time watch YouTube videos of all the different classes.
It's an expensive hobby but that's what we chose as our vacation time together.
Have fun what ever you do. Being a fan is fun and a lot cheaper !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)