AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop TOOLS that you cant live without .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 10/18/2021 10:59 (#9275289 - in reply to #9274755)
Subject: RE: Shop TOOLS that you cant live without .

mn
Mike SE IL - 10/18/2021 00:45

jtpfarm -
gene_champ -9 Milwaukee m18 fuel tools. I have about 10 different ones. I use them all regularly. I sold about all my air tools. No longer needed.
You must not have rust or big bolts.
The only air impact we use much any more is the big ugly 1".  The Milwaukee 2767 has replaced all the 1/2" air and pretty much the 3/4".

And to be honest it gives the generic 3/4" guns dad had a real run for the money.  There are (as Dad used to say) forty-leven versions of the 1/2" Milwaukee. The 2767 is the nutbuster to buy.  It's rated as 1400 ft-lbs of breaking force.  Put it on a nut on a 5/16" bolt and it will either remove it or break the bolt.  Be very careful holding the wrench against it.  It can seriously injure fingers if they get between the wrench and something solid.

We have a 1" version on order.  I figure it's on a container ship someplace.

I carry an M12 3/8" impact in the toolbox in my pickup.  Looks like this but is old enough it isn't FUEL™.  I call it a nutrunner.

Saves my old fingers a lot of work and gets things done quicker. We have an M18 version in the service truck.  I'll put it up against most low dollar 1/2' air impacts.

I have yet to find an electric impact of any brand that will out do an IR gun on 175psi with big couplers.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be without the cordless stuff, but I wouldn't give up my air either. Especially for larger jobs in the shop due to the weight of electric.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)