AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Coulter disk on Plough not tracking straight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Adventure
Posted 10/16/2021 21:38 (#9272792)
Subject: Coulter disk on Plough not tracking straight

I have an issue with the coulter on the rear of my full mount John Deer 45 plough not tracking straight no matter how I adjust it. The front 2 track straight and the rear 2 are angled. Just to note the swivel stops are not holding the coulter from tracking straight. I have pivoted the coulter adjustment as far out as possible but due to the fact the coulter is tracking on a 30 degree angle instead of straight it still won’t cut the sod at the edge of the furrow. I have swapped it out with the coulter from the front that tracks straight but after the switch the one that moved to the front was tracking straight instead of angled and the one moved to the rear no longer tracks straight. This should eliminate any bearing issue in the coulter. I did not change the arm that the coulter attaches to but it looks straight but will be the next change if no one has other ideas. I am including 2 pics. One taken while in the ground and the other is just to show what angle it sits at when in the ground as well.
Also just to note the flat bar that the coulter arm attaches too as seen in the pictures is straight in the direction of plowing to get perspective of how angled the coulter is tracking.

Edited by Adventure 10/16/2021 21:48

(Small (full).JPG)

(Small20 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Small (full).JPG (179KB - 118 downloads)
Attachments Small20 (full).JPG (228KB - 113 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)