AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Exhaust Manifold - Hot Or Cold?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 10/15/2021 12:41 (#9270447 - in reply to #9270020)
Subject: RE: Exhaust Manifold - Hot Or Cold?

Paxton, IL
I've had mixed success with most of the methods mentioned already. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I've had more than 1 case like dondozer mentioned where you could try everything you think of, but there just isn't any way those bolts will turn out. My normal first try would be to get it hot then try a 3/8 impact. Don't just hammer on it with the impact unless you are sure it's actually turning. Better to just rap on it a few times then pause. Sometimes I'll reverse direction and try to go back and forth between loosening and tightening a few raps at a time. With a little experience with this, you can develop a pretty good feeling for whether it's turning or twisting.

The best advice I could give is if you don't have time to deal with broken off bolts, and you could just run it as is for a while, wait and deal with it when you have more time. You may get lucky and they all come off easily (that's only happened to me once), but more than likely you'll have to get at least a little creative with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)