AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buy land or wait for lower prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/15/2021 09:30 (#9270139 - in reply to #9269964)
Subject: RE: Buy land or wait for lower price

coup - 10/15/2021 08:05

Boone & Crockett - 10/15/2021 03:13

Big Ben - 10/14/2021 23:39

Boone & Crockett - 10/14/2021 17:06

Certainly there are always the occasional anomaly, and you for sure found one, if in fact it is a carbon copy of a 320 at your home base and the rental rates are the same at both locations. Next time a tract comes up here in my wheelhouse, I’ll give you a heads up to bring your checkbook and you can go nose to nose and toes to toes with the fellas in my neighborhood, using your analogy, you most certainly ought be able to get a great buy since your 300 miles away. We’ll see if I’m wrong or not.

Of the four of us that have now said there may be a better buy some distance away, none said your neighborhood is a place to look for a better deal. Coup not taking you up on your measuring contest isn’t going to demonstrate if you’re right or wrong.

There do exist places where the neighbors may not be the ones that will pay the most for the ground. This is why realtors also advertise rather than just only drive around knocking on adjacent landowners’ doors. I’ve even heard of a scenario where the seller was so adamant that his neighbors not get his ground that he was willing to sell for less to someone else. It’s a big world of buyers and sellers, and sometimes it’s worth looking beyond what you can see from the cupola.

Yup, it most certainly is. Never said they don’t exist, but to insinuate a tract of land purchase at 25-30% below market value is rather commonplace is just not factual. Those are anamoly deals, pure and simple. And becoming more of an anomaly every day. There aren’t many things I’m absolutely certain of, but one that I am is I could relocate 40 miles in any direction, and still wouldn’t find a soft spot in land values. How many posts have you seen on here of nosebleed sale reports, as opposed to posts on significantly below market value reports? Again, gonna agree to disagree, you ain’t gonna convince me, and I ain’t gonna convince you, So no sense in continuing a pissing match. Have a good day.

Never said that 25-30 % below market value is common place, just compared two locations 20 miles apart. What don't make sense between the two locations is the cheaper land value area , cash rents will be 25% plus higher.

But what is commonplace is there are still areas that are are more profitable to buy ground than than others depending on local buyer attitude.

I have told more than one you don't let an outsider buy ground in your area. Because if you do, they will be back trying to buy something again when it is for sale.

fair enough, you weren’t insinuating it was common place nearly as much as a poster up above. You took the words out of my mouth as I was going to ask you at some point when I got time if that purchase 20 miles away was an equivalent farm as far as productivity index and cash rent to land that you own at your home base, as that is what would be needed to make it a great buy. And from the sounds of it, that purchase meets that criteria. Congratulations. That truly was a great deal.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 10/15/2021 10:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)