AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

About Agleader Rate Application module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jpucheu
Posted 10/19/2021 06:54 (#9276460 - in reply to #9273210)
Subject: RE: About Agleader Rate Application module

Azul, Argentina
wow! Looks promising! Thanks for sharing

JHEnt - 10/17/2021 10:08

Well for the AgLeader the application rate module could be left on the tractor. Then just run a 3 wire lead with a weathpack connector at the back. The implement can have a switch mounted on it and wired with a 3 pin connector at the hitch. 

For the AgLeader one there is no need to mount the module on the tillage tool that way. (This is an AgLeader CAN and not ISO)
I'm not certain what is needed on the GS3. I assume some module would need to be on the tractor with it also.
Just a thought. This way the tillage tool only needs the limit switch and simple wire plug to connect to either tractor.

OK now separate from existing hardware:: I've been playing with building an ISO control module with 7 input and  6 control output capability. I really started this because I want to fully automate the older switch operated header height control and tilt on our combine for our farm. (Yes its an old TR86 from 1988 so it has no fancy electronic control systems.) So with some coding it would be possible to make this module do simple implement switch logging and also rate logging. It's not ready for today just yet. I realized after the first proto-boards came in that I forgot to include simple things like diodes on the output to safely handle the discharge current of electric solenoids. So I was reworking the board design and have squeezed in more protection functions as well as eeprom chip and JTAG/USB connections. As the 1st prototype goes it had 6 inputs able to read either 5 volt potentiometers or sensor or a direct 12v on off. The 6 outputs are MOSFET based so can be used as on/off or pwm outputs for control all with high side drivers. It has 1 external serial port and 2 CAN bus ports as is.

Anyway something like this could be used as a simple logging and rate module pretty easily and once the specific functions are programmed it will be ISO VT and TC compliant. Unfortunately I'm not going to have this done before our family finishes combining this fall. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)