AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Credit Union vs Big Banks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 10/14/2021 11:14 (#9268498 - in reply to #9268089)
Subject: RE: Credit Union vs Big Banks

Mid Michigan
We had a nice local bank that I've used since I was about 14. It got bought out and changed names but all the people stayed and it was still good. Then it got bought out again and luckily everybody stayed and it was still good. THEN the management at the main branch decided to close several of the small branches and ours got the axe. Devestating for our locals. I still have business with one of their branches but I rarely even go there. Maybe once a year. I am lucky enought to also belong to a local credit union that I joined 38 years ago when I started working. Their building has now evolved into a beautiful facility that serves it's members well. What used to be a secondary choice to me is now my primary banking institution (credit union) and I couldn't be happier with it. The workers are all familiar now like my old bank was and I can go there and get spending money any day in any denomination, they have a wonderful staff and I do my checking accout there and it's been great. They order me checks over the phone and they arrive in days and have every time for the last 38 years. They have ADDED two branches since I've joined. My dad has had the same positive experience with his credit union for close to 50 years. They do have account protection like banks but I can tell from the last couple of years if these places start to go down banks and credit unions will be like the movie It's A Wonderful Life. As in they loan my money to some idiot to build a house or buy a $70,000 dollar truck and hope that he pays it back in the correct amount of time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)