AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble Nav II NMEA out to JD 2600 help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 11/10/2021 12:13 (#9313395 - in reply to #9277232)
Subject: RE: Trimble Nav II NMEA out to JD 2600 help

Glenwood, Mn

Trimbleguy - 10/19/2021 06:31 You need the harness, Null modem adapter and you then have to configure the display to output GPS via the AutoPilot Port. You will also have to drop the LLA Precision value back to 6 decimal places so as to not overload the 2600 Display, and enable the NMEA Strings - GGA, GSA & RMC. On the John deere side you need to enable the Serial/Com Port 1 and set it for 19.2K baud rate.

Did the original poster ever get this to work?  This is the exact set up I have.  As of 2 years ago the JD firmware on the 2600 allows 8 decimals precision output.  I currently do this for yield mapping, output out of the NAV to feed the 2600 on my combine and works fine.  The reason for 6 wasn't a bandwidth issue it's because 6 decimal precision is like 5" accuracy and we wouldn't want external GPS source to be more much more accurate than SF1.

Like Trimbleguy says, output on the Nav HAS to be 19,200.  It won't accept anything else.  Input HAS to have GGA RMC and GSA.  Output rate is 5 hz.  Anything more will flood the RS232 line.  Also, as stated you have to configure the Serial/ComPort.  Mine is set up on Com port 2 in the 2600 (depends on what pins you are populating in the back of the 2600).

It did require a null modem (switches the RX/TX.) if you hook up as stated.... Or just switch the RX/TX when populating the pins in the 26 pin (or whatever the pin count is ) on the JD side.  This is the "kit" I ordered:

https://www.agexpress.com/store/c8/cables-harnesses/p1845/john-deere-greenstar-26002630-display-serialnmea-harness/

Edited by Joe@RFDG 11/10/2021 12:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)