AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cross fences please share thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

sdnotill1983
Posted 10/14/2021 07:54 (#9268171 - in reply to #9267592)
Subject: RE: Cross fences please share thoughts

SE SD
He is working with NRCS or atleast that is an NRCS map. I would move water sources to the fence lines so you could split it even more if you wanted to. By splitting more you will improve grazing distribution, improve efficiency, and provide more rest. If working with NRCS they don't tell you where you can put hydrants, so you could add additional hydrants that could be then used to subdivide even more. I would put a hydrant in the middle of each water source for further sub division. I have similar set up, I use some buried pipe along with above ground. I have my gates around my water in the center to allow access to all 4 paddocks. I would put them in the middle near the water and not on the ends. If drawn like i have then will have access to all 4. I used single wire high tensile for all my cross fences, and then subdivide off that with reels and poly. Depending on the amount of livestock you will get some un even grazing distribution with water located where they have them drawn. cattle are lazy and don't like to walk. I have some 8 ac paddocks and can see it.

Edited by sdnotill1983 10/14/2021 08:05

(new grazing (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments new grazing (full).JPG (90KB - 113 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)