AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Acceptable harvest loss
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soya257
Posted 10/15/2021 07:08 (#9269833 - in reply to #9269712)
Subject: RE: Acceptable harvest loss

I have some bean fields at the first that looks like a mess and the rest that are great for no loss.
I had a problem with the header not floating right all the time and figured there was pods not being put in the combine. Found out the relay was junk and it would work then it didn't and I took it out and shake it and it sounded like a baby rattle , put a new one in and it worked great and I don't see near as many beans growing.
I thought maybe there was real small beans that I couldn't see , unless I had my glasses on.

I did the beater bar over in the winter because it was making the electro clutch making a big noise and have to pump it full of grease at every tank full. Fixed it and it runs great and I replaced two knives on it that looks like the former owner put a good size rock it, and the one piece at the end tat the knives bolt too.
Funny thing was that before it would grind up beans and corn and you never seen things growing as much after combining, only thing there was lots of ground feed going out and into the tank. I tried everything and could never get from the combine grinding the stuff up.
This fall I see no fines (or next to nothing) in the wagons or going out the back of the combine, so was the to bent knives on the beater bar causing that problem or not I don't know.

Where I take my stuff, I see people that brings in loads that are full of ground up feed and wonder if they classified it as a loss.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)